Renewable Resources and Renewable Energy: A Global Challenge, Second Edition
: In stock
- Emphasizes the use of renewable feedstocks for optimizing biodegradability and achieving sustainable industrial processes
- Discusses the environmental and economic benefits of developing fuel cell-based technologies
- Examines advantages, current trends, and challenges in hydrogen production and purification from biomasses
- Reviews real-world case studies, particularly in developing countries
- Includes hard-to-find resources and useful references in the energy, bio-based feedstock, and development sectors
As energy demands continue to surge worldwide, the need for more efficient and environmentally neutral energy production also becomes increasingly apparent.Renewable Resources and Renewable Energy: A Global Challenge presents a well-rounded perspective on the development of bio-based feedstocks, biodegradable plastics, hydrogen energy, fuel cells, and other aspects related to renewable resources and sustainable energy production.
The book first examines the transformation of bio-based renewable feedstock into valuable, clean, and economically attractive products. It explains the catalytic processes involved and surveys the relevant commercial technologies that are available. The book highlights how these technologies can be used for efficient waste management solutions, particularly for the synthetic polymers industry, as well as energy production. The authors also pay particular attention to current trends for hydrogen-based and fuel cell-based technologies and provide real-world case studies of renewable energy projects in Asia and South America.
An accessible reference for both scientists and non-scientists, Renewable Resources and Renewable Energy offers valuable insight into the chemical processes and practical considerations as well as the advantages, challenges, and opportunities for developing these technologies and achieving more sustainable energy production.
- Isbn-13 Digit: 9781439840184