PEM Fuel Cell Durability Handbook, Two-Volume Set
: In stock
- Explores the most recent research activities on PEM fuel cell durability and diagnostics
- Covers operation-induced degradation, environment-induced degradation, design-induced durability, and manufacturing process-induced durability issues
- Presents degradation testing protocols important for durability and failure mode studies of PEM fuel cells
- Offers a comprehensive toolbox for PEM fuel cell durability, including conventional (electrochemical impedance spectroscopy) and newly developed (atomic force microscopy) tools
While PEM fuel cells are highly efficient, environmentally friendly sources of power, their durability hinders the commercialization of this technology. With contributions from international scientists active in PEM fuel cell research, PEM Fuel Cell Durability Handbook, Two-Volume Set provides a comprehensive source of state-of-the-art research in the field. The handbook looks at how to overcome the technical challenges of PEM fuel cell technology and drive the technology toward increased commercialization.
The two volumes in the set cover numerous durability-related issues in the development of PEM fuel cells. The first volume analyzes failure modes that result in the insufficient durability of PEM fuel cells. Supplying a handy toolbox for practical work, the second volume brings together the different types of diagnostic tools currently used by PEM fuel cell researchers.
By providing an understanding of fuel cell performance, degradation, and failure modes, this two-volume handbook helps readers develop new materials and design novel fuel cells that mitigate their degradation.
- Isbn-13 Digit: 9781439839218