OMICS: Biomedical Perspectives and Applications
: In stock
- Provides technical background for omics fields including bioinformatics, nutrigenomics, toxicology, stem cell research, magnetic nanoparticles, high-throughput screening, and safety in diagnostic imaging
- Includes omics research in diverse areas such as genetics and immunology
- Discusses computational and systems biology
- Focuses on the application of specific omics technologies to the discovery of omics-based diagnostic and therapeutic modalities for disease treatment
- Explores integrative applications and the fields responsible for moving the research forward
- Highlights the exponential growth in omics based on the explosion of bioinformatics and other biotechnologies
A reflection of the explosion of research and development in this field, OMICS: Biomedical Perspectives and Applications explores applications of omics in bioinformatics, cancer research and therapy, diabetes research, plant science, molecular biology, and neurosciences. A select editorial panel of experts discusses their cutting edge omics research and novel technologies, supplying a basic platform of methods and applications and a resource for enhanced cross-pollination in a multiomics approach to future endeavors in the fertile fields of omics research.
After an introduction on the omics universe, the book presents modern omics and its applications in nanotechnology, genomics, proteomics, metagenomics, toxicogenomics, immunomics, nutrigenomics, diabetes, neurology, cardiology, and cancer to name just a few. The book begins with an overview of omics and omic technologies such as cellomics, glycomics, and lipidomics. It also discusses bioinformatics, demonstrating how it can be a tool in omics, and examines the various approaches of omics technology in toxicology research and applications in biomedical sciences.
While there are a long list of omics books available, most focus narrowly on one area. Presenting a wide view of the current status of integrative omics, this resource contains complete coverage of omics in research and therapy, ranging from neuroscience to cardiology. It collates recent developments in the field into a state-of-the-art framework for this discipline.
- Isbn-13 Digit: 9781439850084