Membrane Modification: Technology and Applications
: In stock
Membrane Modification: Technology and Applications is written for engineers, scientists, graduate students, and researchers in the field of membrane science and technology, materials science, applied physics, chemistry, and environmental science. The book presents the complete range of membrane modification techniques used to increase efficiency of membrane processes. The book starts with an examination of the use of membrane modification to optimize the performance of membranes used in industry. It concludes by demonstrating how membrane modification can improve separation processes in industrial sectors that are recognized as global polluters of water sources.
- Illustrates the use of Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) in the characterization of commercial and novel membranes
- Overviews various surface modification techniques applied to enhance the bulk and surface properties of nanofiber membranes
- Covers the factors affecting membrane fouling and the use of nanoparticles in membrane modification processes
- Explores the use of plasma treatment for the modification of polymeric membranes
Written by professors, engineers, and researchers in the field, the book covers recent advances and comprehensively describes novel and most-used membrane characterization techniques. Modification of different materials and geometrics include flat-sheet, hollow-fiber, and nano-fiber membranes as well as different membrane processes such as reverse osmosis, membrane distillation, gas separation, pervaporation, and membrane fuel cells. Chapters contain tables, figures, photographs, and theoretical equations to aid with reader comprehension.
- Isbn-13 Digit: 9781439866351