Materials in Biology and Medicine
: In stock
- Illustrates the emerging technological advances in the field
- Provides the necessary scientific background of all application areas covered
- Explains the technological details underlying the applications
- Promotes novel process and product development efforts using green chemistry and engineering
- Emphasizes the enhancement and modifications of the functionality of materials
While the interdisciplinary field of materials science and engineering is relatively new, remarkable developments in materials have emerged for biological and medical applications, from biocompatible polymers in medical devices to the use of carbon nanotubes as drug delivery vehicles. Exploring these materials and applications,Materials in Biology and Medicine presents the background and real-world examples of advanced materials in biomedical engineering, biology, and medicine.
With peer-reviewed chapters written by a select group of academic and industry experts, the book focuses on biomaterials and bioinspired materials, functional and responsive materials, controlling biology with materials, and the development of devices and enabling technologies. It fully describes the relevant scientific background and thoroughly discusses the logical sequences of new development and applications.
Presenting a consistent scientific treatment of all topics, this comprehensive yet accessible book covers the most advanced materials used in biology and medicine. It will help readers tackle challenges of novel materials, carry out new process and product development projects, and create new methodologies for applications that enhance the quality of life.
- Isbn-13 Digit: 9781439881699