Exploring Woodworking, 8th Edition
: In stock
Exploring Woodworking provides the essential knowledge that beginning students require. It introduces different woods and their characteristics in addition to basic techniques using hand and power tools. Information regarding woodworking operations, such as drilling and sawing, is presented in individual chapters to ensure in-depth coverage.
- Product designs for woodworking projects are included.
- An entrepreneurship chapter explains how to organize and operate an in-school manufacturing business, giving students hands-on experience with financing, marketing, and construction.
- The text also introduces students to the industrial woodworking environment to provide insight into the potential workplace.
1. Materials in Woodworking
2. Woodworking Safety
3. Project Selection and Planning
4. Hand Tools
5. Portable Power Tools
6. Power Woodworking Machines
7. Project Construction and Assembly
8. Preparation for Finishing
9. Wood Finishing and Hardware
10. Woodworking Manufacturing
11. Careers in Woodworking Industries and Related Areas
12. Woodworking Projects