Architectural Drafting Using AutoCAD
: In stock
Perfect for both beginning and intermediate students, Architectural Drafting Using AutoCAD provides thorough coverage of architectural drafting using AutoCAD. This text begins by presenting basic AutoCAD commands, to give beginning users a strong introduction to the software and provide experienced AutoCAD users with a review. The text then focuses on using AutoCAD to prepare architectural drawings using common architectural drafting conventions.
- Format similar to AutoCAD and Its Applications series.
- Text includes Professional Tips to help students increase productivity in using AutoCAD commands and techniques.
- Chapter problems and building projects motivate students to apply concepts and skills.
- Building projects relate the concepts of each chapter to practical applications. These comprehensive projects progress and build on one another, helping students achieve a thorough understanding of the process of creating an entire set of construction documents.
- Text provides in-depth coverage of construction practices and related architectural drafting conventions.
- Extensive coverage includes chapters on preliminary design, site plans, floor plans, schedules, foundation plans, elevations, sections, framing plans, and mechanical plans.
- Student Companion Web Site includes Chapter Exercises, Chapter Tests, supplemental material from chapters in the text, Internet resources, and a variety of useful reference documents and tables.
- Instructor's CD features additional residential and commercial building projects for further student practice.
1. Introduction to Architectural Drafting with AutoCAD
2. The AutoCAD Environment
3. Drawing and Template Setup
4. Introduction to Drawing and Editing
5. Using Basic Object Tools
6. Creating Accurate Drawings
7. Layer Management
8. Viewing a Drawing and Basic Plotting
9. Text Styles and Multiline Text
10. Single-Line Text and Additional Text Tools
11. Basic Editing Tools
12. Grip, Property, and Quick Select Editing
13. Creating and Using Blocks
14. Creating Attributes and Interactive Symbols
15. Dynamic Blocks
16. Preliminary Design
17. Drawing Site Plans
18. Dimension Standards and Styles
19. Drawing and Editing Dimensions
20. Drawing Floor Plans
21. Creating Schedules
22. Using External References
23. Drawing Foundation Plans
24. Drawing Elevations
25. Drawing Sections and Details
26. Drawing Framing Plans and Roof Plans
27. Drawing Electrical, Plumbing, and HVAC Plans
28. Working with Layouts
30. Working with Sheet Sets