Advanced Separations by Specialized Sorbents
: In stock
- Includes information on novel separation processes of heavy metals, dyes, and biological species delivered by outstanding specialists in the field
- Presents the latest in composite hydrogels and their applications in separation processes
- Discusses the role of macroporous monolithic matrices in cell separation and affinity chromatography
- Provides the reader with insights on the most effective sorbents along with an overall view of the efficiency of different separation techniques that are useful for scientists, engineers, and upper-level students
- Contains numerous illustrations and tables, which guide the reader in advanced separation procedures
Advanced Separations by Specialized Sorbents opens a new window into sorbent materials, presenting fundamental principles for their syntheses and adsorption properties. The book presents advanced techniques used to create specialized sorbents with a wide range of functions that can be used to enhance the separation and/or purification of useful bioactive compounds, heavy metals, dyes, and other substances.
It discusses the most recent developments in the field of separation processes, covering specialized sorbents such as monolith cryogels, composite hydrogels, metal-impregnated ion exchangers, and molecularly imprinted polymers.
The book provides a comprehensive discussion of the selectivity in separation processes by composite materials based on synthetic polymers/biopolymers and inorganic particles. It is a comprehensive resource for academic and research scientists as well as students interested in the preparation, characterization, and application of specialized sorbents.
- Isbn-13 Digit:: 9781482220551