2013 NFPA 241: Standard for Safeguarding Construction, Alteration, and Demolition Operations
: In stock
Eliminate or control fire dangers during construction, alteration, and demolition of buildings with the 2013 edition of NFPA 241.
Fire potential during construction, alteration, or demolition operations is inherently high, and NFPA 241: Standard for Safeguarding Construction, Alteration, and Demolition Operations provides measures for preventing or minimizing fire damage to structures, including those in underground locations, during such activities.
Ensure adequate fire protection with these important changes:
- Temporary heating devices must be installed per manufacturer specifications and, if electrical, the devices must be equipped with tip-over protection and overheat cut-offs.
- Lower, completed floors can be occupied while upper floor construction continues if both:
- Sprinklers are completed and tested for the occupied, lower floors
- Separate systems are provided on upper floors so as not to impact systems on lower floors
- See more at: http://catalog.nfpa.org/2013-NFPA-241-Standard-for-Safeguarding-Construction-Alteration-and-Demolition-Operations-P1244.aspx?icid=B484#sthash.oXqWOhgB.dpuf